(your details shown on your Statement will be shown as "Vitamins Direct")
Avena Sativa (Common oat)
Used in HerbalHim
Although Oats have been cultivated as a staple food crop forthousands of years, they also have a number of notable therapeutic properties. Observations on the health promoting and stimulating effects of Avena Sativa were first documented around 200 years ago in the German Pharmacopoeia.
Description : Whole oats, including the husk or whole rolled endosperm.
Other possible names : A. byzantina, A. fatua, A. hybrida, A. orientalis, A. volgensis
- High energy food and protein source - builds muscle tone
- Gentle restorative tonic after illness - increases stamina
- Helps lower cholesterol levels in the blood
- Topical application alleviates skin irritations
- Decreases anxiety levels associated with breaking addictions
- Mild mental relaxant/mood enhancer - helps alleviate anxiety associated with sexual performance/ enhances feelings of well-being
- Studies and anecdotal evidence suggests it helps with increased sex drive/ enhanced erections/ increased orgasms
- Thought to stimulate the release of luteinizing hormone (LH) - which has functions to stimulate secretion of sex hormones like testosterone -
- Frees up testosterone - which becomes increasingly bound to various compounds in the body with advancing age - most beneficial effects of testosterone, like sex drive and muscle growth, are associated with free testosterone
- Great compliment to other aphrodisiac herbs (particularly Tribulus Terrestris)
Cultivation : N. Europe, Australia
Safety and cautions : No know negative effects noted where avena is used as a dietary tonic. Although large doses of concentrated amounts can cause excitability, as is the case with horses. Not tolerated well if sensitive to gluten.